ivor or ivor.e hogg
ivor or ivor.e hogg Poems
- A Fading Dream The purple gloom of midnight hides all ...
- A Dad Any fool can be a father. It takes a man to be a ...
- A Gentlemans View I hold the door open for you a simple act...
- A Dog's Tale For M' Lady Ern... A dog’s tale A ...
- City Streets The gaudy glow of neon lights dispels the ...
- Abnormality Abormality? I suffer from a strange ...
- A Cynics View A Rant Religion is about control. Although ...
Ex airman Ex policemam ex social worker etc
rather varied career pattern
Married second time around to a poetess artist and musician
two duugthers one son two step sons 10
grandchildren between us spread all over the globe
Interests reading and writing poetry Reading sci fi and fantasy.Comparitive religion Re incarnation and Psi in general
Retired and busier than I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Fading Dream
The purple gloom of midnight hides
all outward signs of the decay.
A sense of grandeur still abides.
That’s absent by the light of day.
Stray silver moonbeams softly show
to best advantage what remains
of elegance from long ago
but very tactfully refrain,
From highlighting faults and flaws,
so obvious in the bright sunlight.
The broken panes and sagging doors
are kindly hidden by the night..
The formal gardens overgrown.
They have been long deprived of care,
dividing walls just heaps of stone.
Show through the brambles here and...