James Andrews Poems
- Kal 007* The waltz begins And partners are exchanged The ...
- Chesapeake Down we drove, The rim of Philadelphia Hot ...
- The River After Wide eyed and open in astonishment I ...
- Late Fall Far off the glacier ice exhales. The world was so ...
- Princess Of Acadia Waiting for the ferry I found a piece of ...
- Sausalito You sit alone like me Ice cream from Swenson's In...
- Zion I stop the car behind the church. Hear the fan, my ...
James Andrews grew up in tiny Mt. Gilead, NC (pop.1200) and spent almost a lifetime in the theatre. He produced almost 300 shows, acted in over 100 and directed 80 more. He began writing poetry in his mid-teens and has passionately read and written it ever since. He lives in Fort Mill, South Carolina. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about James Andrews
The waltz begins
And partners are exchanged
The dancers float across the ballroom
'I have visual on the target'
Unfamiliar eyes gaze deeply
Breasts and chests press closer
A hand moves slightly downward
'I have radar lock.'
The couples move like iron filings
Magnets draw them
Into shadowed corners
'The target is acquired.'
An instant passes
The light gavotte of courtship
Lies forgotten and discarded
'Commencing firing sequence.'
Hands and fingers tremble
Moving up and inward
In a humid ...