James Andrews Poems
- Awake These are the things that press down upon the ...
- Kal 007* The waltz begins And partners are exchanged The ...
- Chesapeake Down we drove, The rim of Philadelphia Hot ...
- The River After Wide eyed and open in astonishment I ...
- Late Fall Far off the glacier ice exhales. The world was so ...
- Princess Of Acadia Waiting for the ferry I found a piece of ...
- Sausalito You sit alone like me Ice cream from Swenson's In...
James Andrews grew up in tiny Mt. Gilead, NC (pop.1200) and spent almost a lifetime in the theatre. He produced almost 300 shows, acted in over 100 and directed 80 more. He began writing poetry in his mid-teens and has passionately read and written it ever since. He lives in Fort Mill, South Carolina. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about James Andrews
These are the things that press down upon the world.
They are the semblances of rings around the moon.
The howling dogs in barking circles
Prowl the dim dark yards.
Crystals holding high upon the winter light,
Betray a stranger's footprints
Creeping low beneath our windowsills.
They are so light and small
In their approaching.
Strange and hushing deep.
They are the many travelers
Who brush against
Our yawning fresh faced houses.
After dreams hold out rescinded
Their footprints stay,
Embedded in the frost.