James Grengs Poems
- Freedom Is Never Free They tell me 'Freedom is never ...
- Pain You say that you have felt pain? You have no idea what...
- Poet's Plea For Forgiveness If I have hurt, I am sorry. ...
- (11) - Master And Slave I know now The extent of her ...
- Freedom's Theme What is the theme of freedom? Life, Love,...
- (02) - Victim Of The Dead Alone, Dark alley. You curse ...
- Inspiration I am inspired by the thoughts That race inside ...
I'm an up-and-coming nobody, a freshman in college who has a love for the arts, especially music and writing (all forms.) I've never been published, but I've never thought myself good enough to be.
I tend to be inspired a lot (as those who read my stuff will see) by my rocky-at-best love life. Recently my poems have taken on a happier... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Freedom Is Never Free
They tell me
'Freedom is never free.'
I know that-
More than most realize.
Freedom cost us more
Than we should have to give.
Freedom cost us blood.
It cost us the lives
Of our fathers,
But while freedom is never free,
It has been bought at great price,
And so is a thing of great value.
We must defend it,
From those who would take it away.
The defense of our freedoms
Will cost us-
More than we wish to pay.
But we must pay, to defend,
For if we try to make freedom free,