Jeffrey McDaniel Poems
- The Quiet World In an effort to get people to look into each...
- The Archipelago Of Kisses We live in a modern society. ...
- The Biology Of Numbers Once I dated a woman I only liked ...
- Renovating The Womb Dear Mom, thanks for giving birth to ...
- Absence On the scales of desire, your absence weighs ...
- Where Babies Come From For my eighth birthday I got a toy ...
- The Benjamin Franklin Of Monog... Reminiscing in the drizzle ...
I am not Jeffrey McDaniel; I just simply adore the man and his way with words. I want to get his poetry out there for others to enjoy.
And he's from my city. =) more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Quiet World
In an effort to get people to look
into each other's eyes more,
and also to appease the mutes,
the government has decided
to allot each person exactly one hundred
and sixty-seven words, per day.
When the phone rings, I put it to my ear
without saying hello. In the restaurant
I point at chicken noodle soup.
I am adjusting well to the new way.
Late at night, I call my long distance lover,
proudly say I only used fifty-nine today.
I saved the rest for you.
When she doesn't respond,
I know she's used up all her words,
so I slowly ...