Jim Boone Poems
- Character Traits We march to our own ‘drummer’ And we are ...
- School Violence OMG, did you watch ‘Glee’ On 4/11/2013? Did...
- It's Friday And Sunday's Comin... We’ve made it through four ...
- Autobiography #88 The underachiever woke up on the wrong ...
- Haikou - Texas Style Nice night in June Stars shine – big ...
- Vulnerability Hides in the shadows of circumstances and ...
- Dressage There is an obedience To self that comes and Goes...
US Poet Laureate Nominee 2012 - PROOF OF LIFE POET; POINT OF VIEW POETRY, i.e., GAY: Free verse style that has a rhythm, but not a fixed meter. There is something here for all of God's children, and equality is not just for someone who happens to be hetrosexual. 'I Am that I Am.'
I was born with the 'writers soul, ' but that never came out in my English classes in any of the schools I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
We march to our own ‘drummer’
And we are known as ‘Characters’
We’re unique and proud of it
Poets and know it
Mold breakers with a smile
Little and cute, big and bold
Nelly as pink ink
Got balls and a lot of game
Talent? We got plenty
Gumption is our middle name
We have no intention to ‘fold’
Got a tune in our hearts
A notion in our brains
Always armed with a come-back
When we’re down, don’t try to count
Us out because we’re gettin up
If we like you, you got a friend
Right up to the rough, touch and
Joyful, gotta shout, memorable ...