john wake Poems
- A Visit To Kibera jumping across the sewage river, I gazed ...
- A Thought In the dark, that’s where my thought parks In ...
- Lost, Lost Lost, lost in this frost A warm fire, a dire ...
- Lizard From the gray rock, The lizard, pale, stocks For ...
- Bees Buzzing ‘bout Flourishing... bees buzzing ‘bout ...
- To Sara I To Sara I read your drama
- Dormant On a volcanic fault Lava spills, cools, plies Over ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Visit To Kibera
jumping across the sewage river,
I gazed at trees, all bare
Muddy shacks called houses
Painted by old plastic bags,
Pollution in the dirt
Shit on the pave, walk way.
Where water is sold per drop
Electricity still a capitalist gain
Not a social utility
Where it snows trash,
Descending from city trucks.
The bottom of the chain
Find dirt a toy,
And their only playground
A garbage field.