June Stepansky Poems
- About Plumbing I know more about plumbing than I ever wanted...
- Sweet Sixteen Sixteen is a good age, if you’re dating ...
- On Being Lucky I was always finding money when I was young: ...
- Women And Power Power is not an end in itself. Power, ...
- Exploring Happiness #8- Chang... Everything will in time ...
- Exploring Happiness- #59- Simu...
- Exploring Happiness #43- Work ... Living is my palette, ...
June Stepansky is a published poet and writer whose work has appeared in the literary magazines 'Poems that need to be explained Vol No 21' and 'Childhood- Vol No 22 and in the poetry collection 'Lyrical Voices. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about June Stepansky
I know more about plumbing
than I ever wanted to know.
I know the insidious sound
of dripping faucets, gurgling drains,
of toilets and sinks overflowing.
My house is orderly, pleasant,
although buried underground
below the level of my consciousness
are thirty year old pipes.
I know that when they break
it will always be on a weekend,
or when I am having dinner guests.
I really want to be mature about plumbing.
I am even determined to be gracious
when the plumbers come tomorrow
to dig up my front lawn.