Leonard Fong Roka
Leonard Fong Roka Poems
- Asian Liars I think You were human Down history road. Once...
- The First And The Last Kiss Fr... Under the swaying cool...
- Innocent Still The New Guinean barrel faces me And my mouth ...
- Davire, My Great Warrior New Guinea morons they came to mine...
- Fool In The Hill Freedom is yours…Freedom is ...
- The Magic Of Kunu’nava Nem’makaa … the magic little ...
- Island Of Tears Blackman, A thief in his Africa; A ...
I am from the Panguna District of Bougainville in the South Pacific.
I write about my island's political, social and cultural issues. We have gone through war as a result of long periods of relegation and exploitation firstly from colonial powers then much later under the Papua New Guineans that rule our island
Writing is the only way I turn to promote my island and people ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Leonard Fong Roka
You were human
Down history road.
Once colonised and enslaved.
Subjugated you were…
People of the great Asian land
Who bitterly blooded
You had doctrines, so sound
Invented in the snowfields of Siberia;
Befriended one power in the cold war our then bipolar world
Then shut your door kingdom as
“Asia for Asians” and
Fought for freedom?
Hitherto you fought the imperialist man
In Afghanistan, and
In the tangle of Vietnam.
You fought and bled for Asian freedom