Lillian Susan Thomas
Lillian Susan Thomas Poems
- *beauty Of Imperfection Hard shelled, Smoothed by many ...
- *'I Am Building A Skeleton...' I am building a skeleton ...
- *a Slender Sliver Of Light Just before the dark moon, A ...
- *hymen Splitting I had never had a breath stir the hair along...
- *a Waltz Wave: Fall Leaves Fly Fall leaves fly past the ...
- *leaving Rose Hips The last of summer gardening ends. Hoe ...
- *aftermath Of Rape (Revised) Last summer I had opened the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
*beauty Of Imperfection
Smoothed by many currents, many tides,
Buffing it with all that sand
As waves cycle through,
A cool fleshy lump of life
Lifts a finger
To get the weather report
On the motion of the seas;
Lifts a hand to grab morsels
From the smorgasbord passing by.
And deep within the briny, sweet pulp
A tiny blemish enters,
Creating a dimple
In its silken, delicate skin.
And that seed of sand -
Like the pea under the princess's mattress -
The oyster worries,
Turning and turning it,
Bathing it in tears,
Coating it with slime, ...