Lynne Howard Poems
- Glow Worms Walking down a country lane In the dead of ...
- Stormy Night Formidable clouds begin to appear In a somewhat...
- The Hairdresser What secrets are revealed Whilst mirrored in...
- Whitby Abbey Ascending the 199 steps to Whitby Abbey One has...
- Beauty Of Friendship Beauty of friendship comes deep from ...
- Count Our Blessings Gathering around the table on Turkey ...
- Flicker Of The Candle Flicker of the candle long ago When he...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lynne Howard
Walking down a country lane
In the dead of night
The hedgerow suddenly comes to life
Exploding in a burst of light
Lady glow worms illuminate
To attract the flying males
Mating ritual due to commence
Flurry of activity in those little tails
Lifespan of these tiny insects
Only about two weeks or so
Lay their eggs and then they die
No more lights switch off the glow
So do not disturb these creatures
In their daunting plight
Leave them in their habitat
In the still of night