Mac Wilkey Poems
- A Spaceship Landed Over There A space ship landed over ...
- A Whirling Wind Uplifts A Leaf A whirling wind uplifts a ...
- Pain Has A Face Yes, pain has a face It's not that obscure
- God Knows Who Anonymous Is God knows who anonymous is He ...
- A Preacher Came Up From Georgi... A preacher came up from ...
- Getting Back To The Stable At ... The rancher rode his ...
- Hypocrite Stew I can’t say forgive them ‘cause, Father, they ...
Mac is an electrical engineer with the Tennessee Valley Authority who writes poetry as a sideline. Although he has written poems and short stories since his college days, his outputincreased sharply beginning in 1990 when God seemed to be giving him specific glimpses of life and concepts and characters in the Bible. His first book, God Let Me See the Hedge, was published by lulu.com in September 2004. Other specific poems have been published on various Internet sites including christianpoetry.com where his poems were twice selected by John Evans as the focus for his monthly editorial. Mac is planning to publish a second book to be titled My Dad Never Took Shortcuts in late 2005. The new... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mac Wilkey
A Spaceship Landed Over There
A space ship landed over there
No one’s believed me yet
I walked on over after dark
And took my friend the vet
We couldn’t find the little men
We searched and searched inside
So I sat in the pilot’s seat
And said, “Let’s take a ride.”
A voice said, “Early earthman” then
A glass dome dropped around
My nerves grew calmer when I heard
A high-pitched hissing sound.
My friend, the vet, was diagnosed
Perhaps, I guess, by smell.
Some gizmo stashed him in a cage
Which didn’t fit him well.
We traveled fast through space and time