Marcus Annaeus Lucanus (39 - 65 / Italy)
In the year of 39 A.D. Marcus Annaeus Lucanus was born into a wealthy family. They lived in Roman Spain, but before Lucan's first birthday, his parents decided to move to the Capital. Whilst, in Rome, Lucan's parents were able to afford a good education for their son.
Later, he moved to Athens to complete his education. He was called back to his home land by Nero, the young Emperor. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Pharsalia - Book 1
- Pharsalia - Book II: The Flight Of Pompe...
- Pharsalia - Book III: Massilia
- Pharsalia - Book IV: Caesar In Spain. W...
- Pharsalia - Book IX: Cato
- Pharsalia - Book V: The Oracle. The Mut...
- Pharsalia - Book VI: The Fight Near Dyrh...
- Pharsalia - Book VII: The Battle
- Pharsalia - Book VIII: Death Of Pompeius
- Pharsalia - Book X: Caesar In Egypt
Comments about Marcus Annaeus Lucanus
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
celebrated on May 21st every year
Your Favorite Poets’ Favorite Books of Poetry
Daily Rituals of Famous Authors
Writers seem to be the most prone to unshakeable routines and elaborate superstitions.
Incredible Reading Rooms Around the World
Cozy, beautiful places to curl up with a good book...