Max Gatrell Poems
- Sonnet Of Betrayal Lamenting infidelity, An enigmatic mot, ...
- Unrequited Interest Psalms of love I am repeating, Soulless...
- Yonder Mountain Alone he stood on Yonder Mountain, Grasping...
- The Ghostly Quartet Within the Hotel, all were at rest, All...
- These Wings Upon these wings I oft abscond, Ascension to a ...
- Sonnet Of Persona Rapt and raw we scream and moan, When ...
- Oxhey Living Although I have necessities, Perceived by some...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Max Gatrell
Sonnet Of Betrayal
An enigmatic mot,
A pearl of purest certainty,
Not easily forgot,
If we trick, contrive, beshrew,
‘tis us that we betray,
Imperfections come to view,
Forever holding sway,
When we’re wounded by a kiss,
We can’t condone the reason,
Though perchance it’s our remiss,
That led our love to treason.
Indignation I agree, an ache with every slight,
Nonetheless we could forgive than live a life contrite.