Meer Taqi Meer
Meer Taqi Meer Poems
- Be-Khudee Le Ga'Ee Kahaan Ham ... be-KHudee le ga'ee kahaaN ...
- Hastee Apnee Hubaab Kee See Ha... hastee apnee Hubaab kee see ...
- Ankhon Mein Ji Mera Hai Idhar ...
- In The Prison Pen Listless he eyes the palisades And ...
- The Released Rebel Prisoner Armies he's seen- the herds of ...
Syed Amanullah Meer Taqi was the only son of a Sufi saint, Meer Muttaqi. When Meer was a little child, his father looking at his face used to say which is this fire burning within your heart that is reflecting on your face. Sufis are lovers of God and so he thought that it was the fire of love for Allah. Living in a atmosphere of sufism at a very young age had profound effect on Meer. He did not have much desires for worldly things.
While on his death bed, his father instructed Meer to "Adopt the path of love. A life without love is an ordeal and losing one's heart in love is the real art. Though this path is riddled with difficulties, love is what drives the world." ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Be-Khudee Le Ga'Ee Kahaan Ham Ko
be-KHudee le ga'ee kahaaN ham ko
der se intaZaar hai apnaa
rote phirte hain saaree-saaree raat
ab yahee rozgaar hai apnaa
de ke dil ham jo ho ga'e majboor
ismeN kyaa iKHtiyaar hai apnaa
kuchh naheeN ham misaal-e-'unqaa lek
shahar-shahar ishtahaar hai apnaa
jisko tum aasmaan kahate ho
so diloN kaa Gubaar hai apnaa