Nika McGuin Poems
- Philosopher's Wing As I passed the threshold a mysterious ...
- Right As Rain Right as rain they say but how can rain be ...
- We'Ve Met I'd say, I've never seen the sea but, I'm fibbing...
- Slice Of Life staring at a dry-erase board and I realize ...
- I Am Not Catholic I frequent this warm cinnamon bench at my ...
- Nothing Human Can Be Alien To ... I woke up one morning, and I...
- Birds Of Paradise near a hidden nest acrobatic birds are ...
'I don't think I can ever stop writing poetry now that I've started. It's as therapeutic for me as it is enjoyable! ' ~Nika
Ello~ I'm Nika McGuin. I feel like I was born a poet, but it is only recently that I am tapping into it(though rest assured, I feel like becoming a great poet is a life-long ordeal.)
I attempted poetry in middle school but back then I didn't know that poetry was so much more than rhyming. Not to mention my handwriting was so bad nobody could understand it anyway(lol) . Eventually I gave up because it seemed like I wasn't very good at it.
Near the end of 2013 I took a modern poetry class out of curiosity and it has changed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nika McGuin
As I passed the threshold
a mysterious song was playing
with words so ominous
a halting pause ensued
provoking me to think, and think, and think
'I'll never get the chance again..
I'll never get the chance again..
I'll never get the chance again..'
Was it missed opportunity
or simply not destined to be
is it that the world is full of people we'll never meet
or is it that we only intersect
with those whom we're meant to meld with
Perchance, I should just go
with the flow
and not try to know
still, wise men say we should always ask: ...