oluchukwu ifechukwu Poems
- In Memoriam Chinua Achebe How again else do our eyes ...
- Apropos Of Palm Sunday Joshua propagates back our ear down ...
- Ash Wednesday Only Joshua's incorporeal bowels can consume
- Sheer Luck (A dedication to my buddies all as we graduate) ...
- Ash Wednesday 2014 Ash is solemn sobriety and a birthlong ...
- Ablution A waking night shakes my laden mind with sluggish...
- Burning Candle Pituitary reeks of wrinkles whose advent ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about oluchukwu ifechukwu
In Memoriam Chinua Achebe
How again else
our eyes these
dauntless drops drum of sorrow
we never really ever
with us always—till the end of Time,
with us since that immemorial mutinous morning
when our visceral vanity
for his sacrosanct ascendancy
and he by crass custom just jaunting, unsuspecting,
the length and breadth of Eden
upon the debacled dethronement cowering aback the figs
at the solemn sound of his afore-friendly footfalls
later that oh noisome noon
our brow with sweat,...