Patrick Dennis Poems
- Joy Joy is a way of looking at you & me & this & that, and...
- Kookaburra Down from the trees, a Kookaburra, tempted by ...
- To M My memories are yesterday in the fern place under the ...
- Yuletide 'And there were in the same country shepherds ...
- The Plain I have seen snowcapped mountains and pristine ...
- Here & Now I feel but cannot hear the downward beat of the ...
- Synchrony Of Bells Poems should clang and pull against like...
'No man can create as did Shakespeare, Homer, Sophocles who did not believe with all his blood and nerve that man's soul is immortal.'
W.B. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Patrick Dennis
Joy is a way of looking at
you & me & this & that,
and all things that may
oh - heaven knows - cause us grief
or fit together in belief
or link or clink life's interplay.
It's light & strong & doesn't stick
on slights, the bad, unjust, the politic,
or give us cause to feel dismay.
Joy is the gentle art to pray.
Joy is the gentle art of forgetting we're apart.
Joy is knowing there's a way.
Joy has this to say -
I am a child
by whom Heaven is beguiled
to turn all mourning into play.
Joy is not a way the Stoics taught;
it's not ...