Patrick White Poems
- Flowers Are The Clocks Of The ... Flowers are the clocks of...
- A Day Of Writing A day of writing, trying to clarify myself ...
- Yes, There Are Pale Gardens Yes, there are pale gardens, ...
- You Were The Intimacy You were the intimacy of the things I...
- The Widening Compass Of Pain ations. At war with the ...
- Sitting On A Park Bench In Ste... For Caitlin Fisher ...
- Bright Morning
Former poet laureate of Ottawa. Eight books of poetry: Poems (Soft Press) , God in the Rafters, (Borealis) , Stations (Commoner’s Books) , Homage to Victor Jara, (Steel Rail Press) , Seventeen Odes, (Fiddlehead Books) , Orpheus on Highbeam, (Anthos Books) , Habitable Planets, New and Selected Poems, (Cormorant Books) , and The Benjamin Chee Chee Elegies, (General Store Publishing) . His work has ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Flowers Are The Clocks Of The Light
Flowers are the clocks of the light.
Spring grey. Clouds. Half smoke, half crocus.
The rivulets are carrying last November's leaves away
like long lines of ants bearing the gnostic gospels
of the snow thawing into a spiritual life of water
back to the shrine of their colony
to be chewed over by the divines
masticating the mystery into something
like an edible orthodoxy of mystic impiety.
My heart is a bruised apple with purple blood today.
Neither passionate, nor aloof, clinging
nor unwilling to let go if that's what I must do.
One foot on shore. ...