Patrick White (September l5, l948 / Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada)
Former poet laureate of Ottawa. Eight books of poetry: Poems (Soft Press) , God in the Rafters, (Borealis) , Stations (Commoner’s Books) , Homage to Victor Jara, (Steel Rail Press) , Seventeen Odes, (Fiddlehead Books) , Orpheus on Highbeam, (Anthos Books) , Habitable Planets, New and Selected Poems, (Cormorant Books) , and The Benjamin Chee Chee Elegies, (General Store Publishing) . His work has ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Alcohol, Sex, And This Cold Spring Night... -new-
- Staring Into The Future -new-
- Sitting On A Park Bench In Stewart Park -new-
- Lost And Broken, Lonely Hour Of The Nigh... -new-
- Serious As A Bell, Deep As A Housewell, ... -new-
- I See The New Moon Of A Black Pearl -new-
- Voices In The Labyrinth -new-
- Asked What I Wanted To Be I'll Say -new-
- Life's A Sloppy Business, Daughter -new-
- Calm. Cool. The Fan On. The Windows Open -new-
- Grey Day After Grey Day
- I Showed Up With A Rose
- One Earth, One Third Eye, One Wild Iris ...
- Looking For An Orbit In The Ripples Of R...
- A Canadian Poet Since You Asked
- A Creed For The Desperate
- A Day Of Writing
- A Feeling In The Heart That Overwhelms T...
- A Fluctuation In The Cosmic Void
- A Good Day And Night On Earth For Me Wou...
- A Grey Music Hovers Over The Town
- A Haze Of Dust On The Windowpanes
- A Little Thought In A Big Space
- A Moment Away From The World, Please
- A Moment In The World, With No Regret
- A Nick Of The Moon
- A Paint Rag Of The Masterpiece I Used To...
- A Rock In The Current, A Skull In The Ri...
HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
observed annually on May 18
International Museum Day
memory + creativity = social change
Happy Birthday Omar Khayyam!
(1048-1131) Persian mathematician, poet, and philosopher
Happy Birthday Friedrich Rückert!
(1788-1866) German poet, translator, and professor of Oriental languages.