Paula Glynn Poems
- A Poor Girl In A Poor Town Everyday is the same in her home ...
- The Perfume Of Flowers The fields are filled, With the ...
- Murder On My Mind My husband loved me, pity the fool, We ...
- You'Ve Got To Love Candy Bars I just love candy bars, I ...
- The Clack, Clack Of High Heels Clack, clack go her high ...
- A Cup Of Coffee It has been a while; how have you been? ...
- The Rainbow I love the rainbow with its shades of green and ...
I am 34 years old and have been writing poetry for many years now. My poems are long and descriptive. I write from the heart with all my poetry. Some of my poems are lighthearted, such as my poem 'The Mars Bar'. I also write the odd horror poem, like my poems 'Twisting Atoms' and 'Written in Blood'. I write about many other subjects too, to add interest and variety. I shall continue to post my ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Poor Girl In A Poor Town
Everyday is the same in her home town,
She is just a poor girl in a poor town,
Always skipping school and barely skimming by,
It seems she has no ambitions,
But she knows the truth:
She will never be rich or famous,
No matter her qualifications,
She tries to see hope but just feels fear,
Because all roads lead nowhere,
Even with the radio station playing all her favourite songs,
But her life is no song,
Her mother ditched her a long time ago,
And her father is just her father,
There's nothing special about either of her parents,
And deep ...