Pete Dowe Poems
- Birth Of An Attention Seeker I woke in evening no idea of ...
- Coming Out, Going Home (For Ga...
- Hubris Of The Agnostic God, if you exist? I don’t ...
- Writer, The Cigarette in hand ...
- Old Bags (A Poem About Mum) My Mother loved old bags she’d...
- Trust Everybody gets what they want in the end
- Crisis They say: “Crisis make us
Pete Dowe is a Melbourne Poet. Most of his poems were edited by Martin Downey (1958-2009) a poet of excellence whose gifts of words and nurture to aspiring writers will be sadly missed.
Pete was a Public Radio political journalist, and also a lyricist. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Birth Of An Attention Seeker
I woke in evening
no idea of time_
three years old_
Socially shy, backward,
cold, picked up pink
securely, walk through dim kitchen
push open lounge-room door_
Mother and two big brothers
“It’s the man
in the pink blanket! ”
Felt excited and exited_
to stage entrance to
again and again
to same refrain_
“It’s the man in
the pink blanket! ”
Loved attention that night,
from that day on
have always ...