18 till die
Glistening, dreaming eyes
lived today, hoped for future;
heart: full of winning spirit,
courage, craze and adventures.
Watching movies and sports,
listening music, eating fast food,
traveling, meeting to friends;
dancing at verge of adulthood.
Without fear of the criticism
can accept bigger challenges;
Filled with energy and enthusiasm
this is age of the cutting edge.
At my eighteen she met first,
our eyes aligned together;
Shot camera first time on her
and captured image for ever.
Yearning to retain this age till I die
but no one can stop the aging.
Though memories will stay till end
of that golden year of eighteen.
(C) S. D. Tiwari
sdtiwari1(@) gmail(.) com
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (18 till die by S.D. TIWARI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mbase nuk e dinte…, skender iljaz braka
- Prej njerëzores dua të digjem, skender iljaz braka
- Ominous Silence, Valsa George
- Contemporary Indian English Poetesses, S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 11बा गोथौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- When My Obedience Is Fulfilled, Rex mayor Ubini
- My Gown Of Dust, Rex mayor Ubini
- Dear God, Tara Stano
- Importance Of Nothing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- falling dead, Afrodita Alkline