3 Bottles of Whiskey a Week
I was getting through
like the stuff was going out of production.
I had taken a liking to
a cocktail called Ferrari Jack:
double shot of JD
double shot of Amaretto
some coke then lemon slices and ice.
Whiskey drunkenness and beer drunkenness were very different.
I enjoyed beer ones but I started to prefer the whiskey feeling.
It made you feel good like beer, but still you were able to stay
lucid and alert after a lot of it.
It didn’t override your entire consciousness
you didn’t need to piss all the time
it didn’t bring on flatulence
you didn’t need to smoke cigarettes
to counteract the effects of the depressant.
I liked it a lot
and reasoned if Lemmy
was still alive after years
of it, so I would be.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (3 Bottles of Whiskey a Week by Gary Diamond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY BRIMMING BOWL, Om Chawla
- I Seen, Jose Torres Junior
- I Seen..., Jose Torres Junior
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer