财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来
A fortune cookie changed my life.
I suggest that you wipe the smiles
From your faces my skeptic friends.
It’s true and attributable
To that tasteless of all cookies
The one that they present to you
With the tab after you’re finished
Eating their fine Chinese cuisine.
I broke it in two exposing
The faux message on the paper:
Wealth will come sooner than you think.
After leaving the restaurant
I purchased from a grocery
Store just a few shops up the block
Just one six-digit lottery.
The following lucky Wednesday
All six numbers were drawn that night.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来 by Albert Ahearn )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart