财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来
A fortune cookie changed my life.
I suggest that you wipe the smiles
From your faces my skeptic friends.
It’s true and attributable
To that tasteless of all cookies
The one that they present to you
With the tab after you’re finished
Eating their fine Chinese cuisine.
I broke it in two exposing
The faux message on the paper:
Wealth will come sooner than you think.
After leaving the restaurant
I purchased from a grocery
Store just a few shops up the block
Just one six-digit lottery.
The following lucky Wednesday
All six numbers were drawn that night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (财 富 比 您 认 为 快 将 来 by Albert Ahearn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber
- Grass, smriti chhibber
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -70, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Had a Daughter, Adegbite Adeyinka
- Changes, smriti chhibber
- Sent for Scent, Ima Ryma
- Love and speak, hasmukh amathalal