Raman Savithiri (22-May-1969 / Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India)
638. Be a sea! 070211
Become a swelling vast ocean
On shore all dead are thrown
Out all garbage are flung
No dirt is kept for a long
Become a swelling deep ocean
Though giant whales jump and leap
Though great waves frighten to sweep
Limitless water remains inside its coast
Become a swelling blue ocean
Though gigantic titanics tear its surface
There is no scar in its marvelous face
Its merry waves dance in mystic bliss
Become a swelling profound ocean
Though volcanoes burst inside
It never burns out eternal water
No pain is displayed outside
Be a sea! Don’t be perturbed
By trivial words from persons petty
Be a sea! Don’t be disturbed
By daily episodes of this life dreamy! -- 070211
Poet Other Poems
- 621. Heart – Is it Fruit or Flower?
- 621. Shiva The Coolest
- 622. Song among Atrocities
- 623. Under The Tyranny Of Possessive Mot...
- 624. Yell from a well!
- 625. Will a mother ever demand? ...
- 626. To Be Grateful To You 230712
- 627. A lunatic's reckoning 200712
- 628. Save me by slaying me! 010612
- 629. Tides of pains ...
- 630. Breaking waves - III ...
- 631. Prattle Of A Newborn To Its Mother ...
- 632. A Flute In Firewood Bundle!
- 634. Mortification
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (634. Mortification by Raman Savithiri )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley