70 Grand And Counting
What do you want, a medal?
I remember you, mr lead singer
Going through the motions
Moaning about your mortgage
Slagging me off and being discontented
Because although I made nothing and waste all my money
I was still a greater example of being human than you.
I don't care about owning a tiny strip of land
With a house on it.
A house to me is somewhere to store my stuff
Sing my songs
And take my shits.
I don't care about having a mid-engined sports car
You do and you think you own the road.
You think because cyclists don't pay tax they can't use it.
While we're at it, why don't we tax people for walking.
And you're a fat piece of shit,
So why don't we tax you more
When you need the national health service?
As far as I can see it you can cram the lot of it
Down your smug, unsatisfied, high-carbon throat
Or up your never-walk-anywhere, never-eat-healthy ass
I know one thing for sure.
Due to the size of your gut and your ego combined
That's a whole lot of cramming.
Drop dead tomorrow.
Do your country a favour.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (70 Grand And Counting by Gary Diamond )
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)