Palas Kumar Ray
A Birthday Poem
I had no idea about too many things
But I thought I knew them so well!
I never knew when I became a stranger
to too many persons forever, but Alas!
I had really no idea about that.
If this is not a death I wonder what is death?
I am trying to convince myself again.
Again and again I am trying to convince myself I am dead.
Yet, I am convinced I am living and I have got to live.
I have got to live to witness more death.
I have got to die again and again.
I have got to live dying.I have got to die living.
Every time when you will forget me I will die.
Every time I will come alive when you will remember me.
This is a blessing and this is a curse.
You too have no idea about too many things.
But you thought you knew them so well!
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Poem by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- If I were a pet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Comforts in the dark, Mark Heathcote
- Million Billion Dollar Elite Divorce Cou.., Terence G. Craddock
- Prophet, Nassy Fesharaki
- Think of no dark, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper and Scissors, Kevin Patrick
- Feel equally, hasmukh amathalal
- Long time friend, Angel A. Lockwood
- Slaves Into A New World Order, Terence G. Craddock
- Magritte and This Morning Bewick's Wren, W.M. Rivera