A Bit Of A Hack
People praise me for my talent,
but I find it hard to see.
I call myself a bit of a hack
and here are the reasons why.
I write my poetry only once
so what you read
is not embellished or polished,
but just as I wrote it the first time around.
Unlike the real pros
I am just a bit of a hack
and it always surprises me
how well my words are received.
When I get it right
I think it is just a fluke,
that someone could
have done it better than me.
My average writing time
justifies my thinking
five to ten minutes
depending on the length,
on long poems I may take
up to a half an hour,
but mostly it is only five minutes no more.
I think I am just a bit of a hack
with not much talent at all,
though some may dispute it,
but that is how I perceive myself to be.
12 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bit Of A Hack by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz