A Blob On Four Wheels (Fun Poem 71)
Whatever happened to
the car designers out there?
Does there mind go blank
when they are designing cars.
It must do
because from what I’ve seen on the road.
Round blobs on wheels with no character at all.
There is nothing to distinguish
one car from another.
Years ago, you could pick a model,
which would have a character
of its own for years.
Now they churn them out
with increasing numbers,
car with no distinctive character.
Moreover, when you look at them
what do you see
nothing but a blob on four wheels.
A real sad state of affairs.
They may have super duper engines
and can travel fast,
but the bodywork leaves a lot to be desired.
Rounded bits here and there.
It is like someone driving
a bubble blown in chewing gum.
No character, not at all.
Just a blob on four wheels.
So what have to the designers,
did they loose their creativity?
29 March 2008
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Blob On Four Wheels (Fun Poem 71) by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Cry Tears (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- I am married to the Muses, Hebert Logerie
- Limited Suffix Finances Warms Limited Li.., Terence G. Craddock
- Counting Sheep, Ronald Chapman
- Unprepared To Sit And Listen, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Athens Shall Burn For the 3rd Time, Joseph DeMarco
- Color Of Easter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Color White, Ronald Chapman
- Blue Collar Or White Collar Investments, Terence G. Craddock
- Minutes Of Gentle Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak