A Degree In Stupidity (A Protest Poem)
Driving some friends home last night
who lived about thirty miles away
in the dim light of a political figures mind.
My eyes strained to see the road markings
and road direction signs.
Other cars headlights didn't help
as their diver struggled to see in the dim light
with their full beam set to blind.
The political figure who thought up this situation
probably sat by candle light
as bright lighting was out of their minds comfort zone.
I have no doubt the political official has a university degree,
but me thinks it was awarded from the University of Stupidity.
The street lighting is set at dim to conserve energy.
However, I can only shake my head,
that it was thought up
by someone with very low thinking power
and a degree from the University of Stupidity.
Sadly these individuals land jobs
in planning departments, everywhere in the world
and are hailed as great stinkers, not thinkers
by everyone with an ounce of common sense.
3 March 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Degree In Stupidity (A Protest Poem) by David Harris )
- My Son Ali, kassem oude
- Hit Music, Michael McParland
- Mind, Soul and Spirit, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)