A Democratic Hymn
Republicans of differing views
Are pro or con protection;
If that's the issue they would choose,
Why, we have no objection.
The issue we propose concerns
Our hearts and homes more nearly:
A wife to whom the nation turns
And venerates so dearly.
So, confident of what shall be,
Our gallant host advances,
Giving three cheers for Grover C.
And three times three for Frances!
So gentle is that honored dame,
And fair beyond all telling,
The very mention of her name
Sets every breast to swelling.
She wears no mortal crown of gold--
No courtiers fawn around her--
But with their love young hearts and old
In loyalty have crowned her--
And so with Grover and his bride
We're proud to take our chances,
And it's three times three for the twain give we--
But particularly for Frances!
Eugene Field's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Democratic Hymn by Eugene Field )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery