I've found a dream-girl
in a dreamland
to notice I was her dream.
And dream we have
as true love we feel
and feel with thoughts we do
and never have I felt closer to my perfect dream
as the way I hold her body in my mind.
She holds me as I do her
yet we live afar
our hearts beat as one
each beat beats for her
and each step is to reach her.
I dreamed this dream all my life
and carry her within me before I met her
I knew how she would be
as she knew how I was.
Before I found her I given up my search
though now that I know her
I believe in dreams
and believe in her
No longer it's a dream to us
but a reality most people dream
and seldom ever find.
Gengis Capote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream by Gengis Capote )
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit
- Our bretherne, hasmukh amathalal