I've found a dream-girl
in a dreamland
to notice I was her dream.
And dream we have
as true love we feel
and feel with thoughts we do
and never have I felt closer to my perfect dream
as the way I hold her body in my mind.
She holds me as I do her
yet we live afar
our hearts beat as one
each beat beats for her
and each step is to reach her.
I dreamed this dream all my life
and carry her within me before I met her
I knew how she would be
as she knew how I was.
Before I found her I given up my search
though now that I know her
I believe in dreams
and believe in her
No longer it's a dream to us
but a reality most people dream
and seldom ever find.
Gengis Capote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dream by Gengis Capote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The scarlet soldier, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- Near Your Heart, Neela Nath
- Digital Creationism, Brian Johnston
- THE DOORS THAT WOULD NOT OPEN, NADYA AWADH
- Great Creative Genius, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- सिमांङावसो गले गले, Ronjoy Brahma
- Highway Snippets: Of Rainbows & Ruins, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- For Life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Mind Flying, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Broken Relationship, eseck ezeh