Ace Of Black Hearts
A False Sense Of Peace
A noble cause, should it go on without inspection?
An objection not of who you are but who you stand for.
Justification of a loner, no ties of religious reasoning, or political turmoil in season.
Then can we deny that we failed in our duty?
That we have taught distrust, prejudice, and hate among all of us?
To the point of being completely numb.
A indifference of extravagance littered upon the lace of a dress made for society to wear.
We just don't care, not enough for any single human to abide within our own accustomed morality.
Family ties abandoned, like orphans scattered across the world.
The little ones that get ignored and have to watch others suffer.
Do I blame them?
Do I see it justified?
Most certainly not.
But I do understand, I took the hard path.
It would be easy to give my life for such a cause.
It is hard to watch and do nothing other then speak out among the silence.
But somebody has to say no I won't be part of it.
I won't blame or inflict pain upon a society which is already embroiled in too much of it.
Peace is not achieved by force, it only can be found within.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A False Sense Of Peace by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Le poème a toujours besoin d'écho, Eric Dubois
- Le passé est un doux reproche, Eric Dubois
- La vie est open source, Eric Dubois
- Children, Lawerence Mize, Sr.
- San Jose Hills in My Thoughts, Natasa Tocuc
- Be found in elevations high, Mark Heathcote
- Children, Varghese J Kuttikat
- A Song For Mortals, Varghese J Kuttikat
- More of a Sufferer than a Sinner, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell