A Geek In Love
I met a Geek just the other day
Complained of not having his way
A lady who turned down his love
Cannot see why place heart above
Beyond his reach beyond all pitch
Let me ask you this, is she a dish?
You go to a resto hands in pocket
Eyeing all, wondering what's to eat
Your stomach churns, wide eyes burn
Ah, this one looks lovely suitable
But did you know if she's amiable?
You go by looks, by appetite urges
Did you know love's terminal surges?
What is it about her that suits you?
What is it about her that makes you?
Will she turn night into blazing day?
Or turn inspiration into dark despair?
Love's complicated - vows you can't keep
Your brain dims from many hours not slept.
December 4,2013 - Philippines
Doris Cornago's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Geek In Love by Doris Cornago )
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
- A Blank Page, Elia Michael
- Three Score and Ten, Frank Avon
- Mary Key, Lilly Emery
- ACES AND EIGHTS (The dead man's hand), Alexander Onoja
- Love Is A Feeling, Lilly Emery
- I saw my father, in silhouette, Thomas Leathandrum
- What are these days? !, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What are these days?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Flower In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)