A Geek In Love
I met a Geek just the other day
Complained of not having his way
A lady who turned down his love
Cannot see why place heart above
Beyond his reach beyond all pitch
Let me ask you this, is she a dish?
You go to a resto hands in pocket
Eyeing all, wondering what's to eat
Your stomach churns, wide eyes burn
Ah, this one looks lovely suitable
But did you know if she's amiable?
You go by looks, by appetite urges
Did you know love's terminal surges?
What is it about her that suits you?
What is it about her that makes you?
Will she turn night into blazing day?
Or turn inspiration into dark despair?
Love's complicated - vows you can't keep
Your brain dims from many hours not slept.
December 4,2013 - Philippines
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Geek In Love by Doris Cornago )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA 84 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Left Behind, D.L. Aceves
- Mother Nature, Victor Cruickshank
- Mature Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Homophones, Victor Cruickshank
- Time, Victor Cruickshank
- More Of The Different, John deVries
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal
- The Petrichor, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Its outcome, hasmukh amathalal