A Good Holiday
Their voices are carried down the halls
Making me just want to fall
How can they be so cheerful?
When everything about this holiday makes me fearful.
You said it would be okay
That it would be a good day,
But now I’m starting to doubt
Everything we talked about,
Because now you’re dying
But no one else is crying
They say you deserve it,
Deserve rotting in a pit.
I don’t want you to go
Without you I’ll be alone
What kind of a holiday is this?
When all I get is something to miss
Maybe I’ll join you,
Then it would be just us two,
We could leave together
Now that would be much better
People may miss me
And that’s how it should be,
But I’ll be happier this way
Then I’ll have a good holiday.
12th December 2007
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Good Holiday by Hopeless Heart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Our Secret, Michael McParland
- The Way I See It Now, Buxton Shippy
- OSU Force, Michael McParland
- One More Chance, Michael McParland
- One In The Chamber, Michael McParland
- One In A Million, Michael McParland
- Oh What A Fool, Michael McParland
- Oh Praise And Rejoice, Michael McParland
- Obsessive/Oblivious, Michael McParland
- Numb, Michael McParland