A Halo Above Me.
An older man made a comment today,
One look at him and I was not afraid.
He belongs to the sheep fold of the Good
Shepherd- Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.
He said, 'You have a halo above your head, '
and I replied, 'so do you.'
He said, 'Thank you...'
Then he went out the door,
and I saw him no more.
Above his head, I beheld a heavenly glow,
I just wanted you all to know!
His face showed serenity's peace
throughout all eternity!
Jesus Christ is watching over me,
twenty four hours a day.
Why should I fear or be afraid.
Someday our earthly lives will come
to an adrupt end. But throughout
all eternity we will be forever friends!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/ October Country
Comments about this poem (A Halo Above Me. by Roxanne Dubarry )
- Where to go, gajanan mishra
- This African Woman, Anthony Seyi Abiodun
- My sky is not clear and blue, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Salvation, gajanan mishra
- beef, it's what boys like, Mandolyn ...
- My Heartache, Arrianna Prentiss
- In A moment of Inattentiveness, Fatima Nusairat
- Circle of friends, Gerry Legister
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.35, Monk E. Biz
- for the man who keeps bees and brings th.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)