A Halo Above Me.
An older man made a comment today,
One look at him and I was not afraid.
He belongs to the sheep fold of the Good
Shepherd- Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.
He said, 'You have a halo above your head, '
and I replied, 'so do you.'
He said, 'Thank you...'
Then he went out the door,
and I saw him no more.
Above his head, I beheld a heavenly glow,
I just wanted you all to know!
His face showed serenity's peace
throughout all eternity!
Jesus Christ is watching over me,
twenty four hours a day.
Why should I fear or be afraid.
Someday our earthly lives will come
to an adrupt end. But throughout
all eternity we will be forever friends!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/ October Country
Comments about this poem (A Halo Above Me. by Roxanne Dubarry )
- was has du ge maht, Robert Lynnn
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Right there, Robert Lynnn
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
- Show life, hasmukh amathalal
- Life, Soul Watcher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)