A Halo Above Me.
An older man made a comment today,
One look at him and I was not afraid.
He belongs to the sheep fold of the Good
Shepherd- Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.
He said, 'You have a halo above your head, '
and I replied, 'so do you.'
He said, 'Thank you...'
Then he went out the door,
and I saw him no more.
Above his head, I beheld a heavenly glow,
I just wanted you all to know!
His face showed serenity's peace
throughout all eternity!
Jesus Christ is watching over me,
twenty four hours a day.
Why should I fear or be afraid.
Someday our earthly lives will come
to an adrupt end. But throughout
all eternity we will be forever friends!
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Roxanne Lea Dubarry
aka Roxy54/ October Country
Comments about this poem (A Halo Above Me. by Roxanne Dubarry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal