A Heart Forsaken
The symphonies of silence, so deep;
the agonies of pain, so real.
The blemish of a heart; internal.
We walked this path together before;
but now i walk alone,
i have nightmares; so intense.
I have goose too; they remind me of you.
So much a time lost in solitude,
so much more, in want of you;
in every face i see, your image is fixed;
and when i close my eyes, i hear your voice.
The leaves, as they drop; they tell of 'us'....
How far we grew apart, how distance we fell;
the stars, as quiet as they lay;
they say to me you're out of reach....
And in my dream, i saw you;
as you held our family portrait close to heart,
i saw the home we never built,
i saw the war we never won;
but then, you vanished in the air....
The sun shone yet on me and it kindled my world,
i felt the purest kind of warmth; this time,
stronger than i did with you....
I closed my eyes and let the rain wash away my tears,
i let the wind also blow my worries in the sky....
I see hope in the wings of a new day,
i found comfort in the arms of time;
they say there is hope for a tree cut down....
from a lake forgotten JOY is birthed,
in a heart forsaken; LOVE is formed.
Bolami lawal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Heart Forsaken by Bolami lawal )
- Coal - your turn, gajanan mishra
- Bluff-masters As Contemporary Indian Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey