Martin Holm Sjölin
A Hero Farewell
In a faraway field I lay
A lone soldier with an unknown grave.
Nothing to be said, and nothing to be done
The heart the once had a beat,
Now remains still
The cross is raised and the sounds of guns now long gone.
The trumpets high tone sings a last tone and then fades away,
The tone of one last farewell to the lone soldier in his grave.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hero Farewell by Martin Holm Sjölin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister
- Three weeks with you., crystal ruth
- Life lesson, Petai Jirakongpipat
- Silence Is Monk, sallam yassin
- You are not mine, Kelly Curiel
- Faces on Parade, Gerry Legister
- By the Way..., Sandra Feldman
- Art, Breanna Choma
- ask, laxami Cards
- Acceptable Efforts, Lawrence S. Pertillar