a lamp in us!
The small lamp commenced to burn,
When two bodies united as one,
From the day one until the day yet to know,
The lamp burns slowly in the spirit of ions.
Keeping the lamp safe from rough climes,
Protecting the yarn from the heavy dye,
Nourishing the lamp with fuels approved,
The lamp may burn quietly as expected.
we let it burn with bigger flame,
By adding steroidal fuels and nocturnal fun,
we let the motor to run in higher speed,
by pressing the temptation to accelerate.
The lamp may start to play snake and ladder,
By climbing up and down at the dice of illnesses,
Sometimes gets overheated to jam up the motor,
Hold your lamp lovingly for it to glow pleasantly.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a lamp in us! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
- Awakened, Edan Oliver
- if it were up to me, Edan Oliver
- Opening Blossoms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- numb, Edan Oliver
- love and goodbye, Edan Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)