A Liberal Party Blueblood
A Liberal party blueblood so the political columnist say
But from his photos he looks quite healthy and physically okay
And he surely would die if his blood turned blue
Some cliches we use they are so far from true.
The Australian Liberal party they should change their name
For they put the lovely word of Liberal to shame
The word Liberal means generous and it does seem to me
That the Liberals and their supporters never use a dictionary.
For the Australian Liberal party are only generous to themselves and their own
And for helping the poor they will never be known
After their ten years in Government there is more poverty
Of the name they go by they make a mockery.
After their ten years in power many a new millionaire
And the poor keep getting poorer doesn't life seem unfair
And after their ten years in Government a greater social divide
Yet in their so called achievements they do take great pride.
A Liberal party blueblood he ought to be dead
Since blood is contaminated if it's not red
He is an upper class snob the columnist meant to say
And the poor growing sadder and poorer each day.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Liberal Party Blueblood by Francis Duggan )
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
- My Wife, dee villa
- Ema ايما, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money is not always honey, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Broken Promises, Ronald Chapman
- Death and final farewell, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sion's Sonnets, Francis Quarles
- Here is the morning, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)