A Mother's Promise
I promised I'd always love you
from the day I gave you birth.
I promise I will love you more
Than anything on Earth.
I promise I will be there
Every morning when you wake.
I promise the love I give to you
I'll never, ever take.
You are my life
You are my joy
You're everything to me.
I promise I will do my best
and someday I hope you'll see.
How God had finally answered my prayers
By blessing me with you.
I'll always be there ‘til the day I die
‘cause my love for you is true.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Promise by Roger Horsch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
Poem of the Day
- Modi Saheb, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inspiration Is Dead In Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Brothers, Raymond A. Foss
- Politician, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- My Brother, Raymond A. Foss
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal