A New Kind Of Carpet Called 'Poets Eyesore' (ex. Hinterlands)
Let's go. we're going, don't ask where,
We're going up there...
That place don't even know what it means?
But we've been deciding for centuries,
Let's go - that's it, this time, last orders,
Come on down, I want to hear it!
Show us your hearts - are they true enough,
C'mon - it's going to have be better than that,
Disclose, C'mon! open - show us it all...
We can handle it, we will, we can...
The nut is cracked, but never open,
Racked! racked! racked! racked! racked!
With the same old things,
Closets overflowing, privacy, conspiracy,
Are you really guilty of all that - thing,
That emptiness - whirling round,
In the deepest compartment of your mind,
Fill it now, stuff it, jam it shut with anything,
Moan! Squeak! Squawk! Skirl!
It's a girl? - No it's a boy!
It's something my friends, to be born -
And be fed nothing but crumbs...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Kind Of Carpet Called 'Poets Eyesore' (ex. Hinterlands) by GRANT FRASER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal
- On the ladder, hasmukh amathalal