A Night On A Beach (translated and adapted from Heinrich Heine)
Starless and cold the night; the sea foams;
flatly over the waves the changed north wind
tells a story. A stranger approaches a hut;
the fisherman`s daughter next to a stove;
her father on high seas.
I have kept my promise.
It is time for the Gods to return.
Sternlos und kalt ist die Nacht.
Leslie Philibert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Night On A Beach (translated and adapted from Heinrich Heine) by Leslie Philibert )
Did you read them?
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery