A Night On A Beach (translated and adapted from Heinrich Heine)
Starless and cold the night; the sea foams;
flatly over the waves the changed north wind
tells a story. A stranger approaches a hut;
the fisherman`s daughter next to a stove;
her father on high seas.
I have kept my promise.
It is time for the Gods to return.
Sternlos und kalt ist die Nacht.
Leslie Philibert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Night On A Beach (translated and adapted from Heinrich Heine) by Leslie Philibert )
Did you read them?
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher