A pain from a Dodo Leaf Poetess!
(I cried warm today
how repressed tears in a big dam.
I cried for you.
because you are not
in your Dodo's ~ Leaf place~
in tears i am
in blue i search
words to make you happy)
The Doc wants to reduce you to a simple leaf
of course he dont know about the importance
and the incredible spirit
built in the branches of an old tree!
Came on Doc, say at once
Am i will die?
NO, no, no
do you know who I Am
I am a Dodo Poetess
the last one, i am in extinction
numbers could do not come to me
statistics could not rules me
Better you fix me and quickly
before the ornithologist comes after you
I need time to find another Dodo
and do a lot of little Dodos too
Are you sad now Doc?
OH! Must be! !
i have something for you
A leaf print on the wind
for your hard heart
that beats in disorder
the delicacy of one Heather
that dissolves and sometimes burn
for stuffy nose and your lack of imagination
Some Dave in the Wood
or in the garden,2 times a day!
for remembering something lost years ago
walk just one time a week!
through the alleys At midnight hour
to cry and to sooth your soul
and for relief a pain that comes from a Dodo Leaf Poetess?
What you can do Doc?
A piece of paper and a pinch of black ink!
Poetheart Morgan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A pain from a Dodo Leaf Poetess! by Poetheart Morgan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau
- Toll of human safety., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I am not ready to say I am unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Yesterday's Snow, Marilyn Lott
- Ego, Denise Duhamel
- Life and Heaven, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Rain Song, Khaled Mattawa
- Childhood Stories, Matthew Rohrer