Oduro Bright Amoh
A Picture Of You
I took a picture of you with my eyes
Which I would've given to you as a surprise.
To the photo-lab of my head it went.
There it was processed and sent
To my brains where it was framed
Waiting for it to be claimed.
Alas! My heart; that stubborn thief
Put me in a state of disbelief
When he stole that beauteous piece
And locked it in his bosom with love's keys,
And dumped the keys into admiration's sea.
Ah, dear me!
Your picture is now locked in my love.
Oduro Bright Amoh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Picture Of You by Oduro Bright Amoh )
- Today I Am Grateful, Liilia Talts Morrison
- When love seemed extra special, Mark Heathcote
- Hand To Hold, Kelly Zion
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)