She found something that she had thought was never really there.
She kept it warm inside her heart and swore to always care.
It changed her life it fed her soul with tranquility and joy
The special thing that helped the girl was brought to her by a boy.
A boy that she could not imagine a single day without
A boy who gave her everything and knows what life's about
She cherished every moment
And every single kiss
She knew she saw she understood
That there is no other love like this.
From a friend into a soulmate into the one that changed her world.
For the better for the worse, still their love was made of gold.
You couldn't blame the people who watched and wanted to love the same.
But all those eyes and jealous souls put their love to shame.
Some problems that had just occurred she never did expect.
Her love was torn and ripped and pulled right out of her chest.
But she still had a grip on it and swore to not let go.
Until this day she holds on tight and makes sure that he does know.
That he knows that he is everything and every thought inside her mind.
That he knows that although he could get mad his heart is always kind.
That he knows that life was never fair and he was never treated the right way and if he let her love him like she does she'll be there and always stay.
Kay Tee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Promise by Kay Tee )
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
- Before The Bullets, Alfred Barna
- Besame (Translation Of Kiss Me), Adriana Avila
- Well behaved, hasmukh amathalal
- Never Far From You, Wani Rahil
- Cloak of Autumn, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)