Andrew David Dalby
A psalm of love
Love is more than a collection of random words…
Love is more than a mirrored reflection of emotion...
Love, charged directly at the heart, changes lives;
That, when touched by Love, are made new...whole... entire.
Love shimmer's with delicate tender kisses.
Love glows, with the pumping of a knight's desire.
All who are touched by love are tuned to light.
For Love's iridescent glory is like a warm rapturous musk.
Enrapt and so entwined, are those who know the reality of love.
For they chime, in moist excitement.
and move in a slow purpousful dance of beautiful synchronicity.
with tenderness, they stroke, stoke and enrich each other.
In the near silent breeze, caught by the shade of a butterfly's wing,
Shines forth Love's eternal kiss.
And so Love stands strong, with a smile of total triumph;
That then frees the chains of we the lost, the poor and broken hearted;
To become... so much more...than we dare think ourselves to be.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A psalm of love by Andrew David Dalby )
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)