A Question! ! !
I asked myself a question,
Thought, there would be an answer,
A definite and an exact one,
One, only one I asked for…
But, there were plenty,
Each one, to dwell upon,
The first time, the clause was,
If you don’t want, it wouldn’t happen,
Satisfaction, never heard of it,
I inquired myself again,
My heart parting shot yes,
Though, my head said the opposite,
Why? Wasn’t it all me?
If so, why did I fail to give an answer….
I interrogated my heart this time,
Wanting an elucidation,
If yes, wouldn’t it be appropriate?
Love, not lust, not forbidden,
Then why not, said my heart,
Was that the answer I wanted?
Was it just another question?
In complete puzzlement, I was…
Virginity, irreplaceable, beyond price,
Once gone, irretrievable
Counterclaimed, my head…
Loaded with options, but a wisecrack,
All I desired,
Poornima Kanasen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Question! ! ! by Poornima Kanasen )
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Ernest Christopher Dowson
(2 August 1867 – 23 February 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)