A Question! ! !
I asked myself a question,
Thought, there would be an answer,
A definite and an exact one,
One, only one I asked for…
But, there were plenty,
Each one, to dwell upon,
The first time, the clause was,
If you don’t want, it wouldn’t happen,
Satisfaction, never heard of it,
I inquired myself again,
My heart parting shot yes,
Though, my head said the opposite,
Why? Wasn’t it all me?
If so, why did I fail to give an answer….
I interrogated my heart this time,
Wanting an elucidation,
If yes, wouldn’t it be appropriate?
Love, not lust, not forbidden,
Then why not, said my heart,
Was that the answer I wanted?
Was it just another question?
In complete puzzlement, I was…
Virginity, irreplaceable, beyond price,
Once gone, irretrievable
Counterclaimed, my head…
Loaded with options, but a wisecrack,
All I desired,
Poornima Kanasen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Question! ! ! by Poornima Kanasen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson