A Return to the Back World
Once a time ago
Humen were naked.
No clothes to wear,
No shame of each other.
Because, was unknown what it was.
Time passed, present world came.
Let the humen be seen,
How they started already being uncovered again;
Inspite, lack of knowing and understanding.
Already made dresses cut,
To show the humen fully nude.
Seems as if wishes come alive once more in mind,
For a return to the back-world again.
Biplab Singha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
They didn't know that body should be covered. So, normally they didn't have shame.
'Was unknown what it was' - the reason why should be covered.
The past days had already gone. Present world, where we live in, has arrived.
But where are we improved? Our improvement is progressive that we are about to be naked again!
The past men didn't know civility. But we, todays men, know civility.
Yet we certainly watch our one more appearance on Television- very dirty.
I think people want to go again to the barbaric world. Isn't it funny?
Comments about this poem (A Return to the Back World by Biplab Singha )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma