A Return to the Back World
Once a time ago
Humen were naked.
No clothes to wear,
No shame of each other.
Because, was unknown what it was.
Time passed, present world came.
Let the humen be seen,
How they started already being uncovered again;
Inspite, lack of knowing and understanding.
Already made dresses cut,
To show the humen fully nude.
Seems as if wishes come alive once more in mind,
For a return to the back-world again.
Biplab Singha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
They didn't know that body should be covered. So, normally they didn't have shame.
'Was unknown what it was' - the reason why should be covered.
The past days had already gone. Present world, where we live in, has arrived.
But where are we improved? Our improvement is progressive that we are about to be naked again!
The past men didn't know civility. But we, todays men, know civility.
Yet we certainly watch our one more appearance on Television- very dirty.
I think people want to go again to the barbaric world. Isn't it funny?
Comments about this poem (A Return to the Back World by Biplab Singha )
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
- The Game, Patrick van der Loos
- a.j.b original unedited, Barbara Dixion
- Autobiography, Corey Jones
- Waiting for superman, Barbara Dixion
- It's All For You, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)