Janice M Pickett
A Rhyming place
I’ve been thinking about a rhyming place I know
Where talent and poetry should flourish
But with sadness from the words that show
Most talent of this kind is not encouraged
For rage and pathetic rudeness
Have become the way of sharing
Out the window has gone words of kindness
No hearts that brim with caring.
No-one knows his fellow man
But each should dig deep inside
to try and be the type of person
who lives outside of pride.
What do they gain from fighting
What does it really do
But turn each one into an enemy
And limit the friends they knew.
I want to say to those sensitive souls
The ones who have joined the fight
Stand back for a moment and
See the futility of it all
so you can sleep at night.
Janice M Pickett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Rhyming place by Janice M Pickett )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu