A Shoulder To Cry On
You held my hand so many times,
You wiped away my tears,
You wrapped me in your loving arms,
And brushed away my fears.
When nightime came and darkness fell,
I'd climb those stairs so steep,
You'd tuck me into cosy bed,
Then sing me off to sleep.
If I could only turn back time,
I'd feel so safe and warm,
Just to see your loving face,
To help me through the storm.
I loved you so my precious friend,
How much I can't express,
Look down on me from time to time,
With love and tenderness.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Shoulder To Cry On by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How do I sleep, Lore Me34
- You Are My Master, Lilly Emery
- Summer time to have fun, Arafat Driche
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson